1. Go to http://www.webmin.com/download.html download the current Unix tar/gzip version.
2. I copied the webmin-1.490.tar.gz to /usr/local
3. tar -zxvf webmin-1.490.tar.gz
4. cd webmin-1.490
5. type ‘./setup.sh’ (without the quotes).
6. Accept defaults for config and log file directory (one return for each will do).
7. Accept the default path to perl (it should test ok).
8. Accept the default port for webmin (port 10000).
9. Login name can be anything you want (the default is admin).
10. Login password can be anything you want. Then you will be asked to verify the password.
11. If you followed the instructions above correctly you will be prompted with ‘Use SSL (y/n):’ you can now answer Y. This will encrypt your connections with the Xserve.
12. Answer Y to Start Webmin at boot time.
13. After the install is complete, copy the file pam-webmin to /etc/pam.d/webmin and re-start Webmin with /etc/webmin/stop ; /etc/webmin/start. This will enable PAM authentication, if you need it. If everything installs correctly you will see ‘Webmin has been installed and started successfully. Use your web browser to go to: https://:10000 and login with the name and password that you entered previously.